Sunday, November 28, 2010
Mock Tortilla Espanola
1 shallot, chopped
extra virgin olive oil
5-6 smallish red potatoes, finely sliced
1/2 apple, finely sliced
freshly grated sea salt and black pepper
5 eggs, beaten
1 T parsley, chopped
1. Saute shallot and a splash of olive oil in a medium saute/frying pan for a few minutes on medium heat.
2. Add potatoes and saute until almost tender. Add apples and continue to saute until softened. Stir apples and potatoes occasionally.
3. Add a large dash of sea salt and black pepper to the eggs. Beat.
4. Pour eggs into the pan. Sprinkle parsley over the eggs. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Allow the eggs to cook over medium-low heat until it slides away gently from the sides and is brown on the bottom.
7. Carefully, and with oven mitts, place a plate over the top of the frying pan. Squeeze the pan and the plate together and flip the pan. Then slide this back off the plate into the frying pan to allow the other side to cook.
8. Cook the egg for another few minutes until the egg slides away from the bottom of the pan again.
9. Remove from heat and serve immediately.