The perfect meal for this heat wave we are in the middle of!
4 csa small onions (or 2 medium sized) - you an use red or white
1 patty pan squash
2 ears of corn
1 cup of mint leaves
1 cup buttermilk
salt & pepper (to taste)
1 T rice wine vinegar
1. Cut onions in half and then in very thin slices. Caramelize in about 2 T olive oil over very low heat for about 20 minutes.
2. Cut up patty pan squash into small cubes (you can leave the skin on). Steam squash for about 5 minutes or until tender. Place on plate to cool. Once cool, blend half to a puree.
3. Peel cucumbers and chop into chunks. Place in blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
4. Husk the corn and slice off the cob. When the onions are almost done, add the corn and sautee for about 5 minutes. Let cool.
5. Chop the mint up.
6. Mix cucumber puree, squash puree, chopped squash, onions, corn, mint, rice wine vinegar and buttermilk together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve cold.