Sunday, March 13, 2011

Orange Salmon with Chili-Bok Choy

After my gluttonous breakfast, I needed something simple and healthy for dinner, so I decided to prepare fish. This is one of my favorite ways to prepare salmon. There is hardly any prep to this dish and it is delicious. Plus I got to use my new wok! This was another amazing wedding present from marc's family. He spent four hours the other day properly seasoning it! But if you don't have a wok you can certainly just prepare the bok choy in a saute pan.




Serves 2.

Ingredients:
2 Wild Salmon Filet (I bought a .90 oz piece of fish and cut it in two)
1 orange
2 scallions, cut into 3/4" pieces
freshly grated sea salt and pepper
1 T sunflower oil
3 small heads of baby bok choy
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 heaping Tablespoon of fresh ground chili paste (I used Sambal Oelek)

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse salmon and pat dry with a paper towel. Place a thin coating of olive oil on the bottom of a porcelain casserole dish (I used my le creuset). Place salmon in pan. Squeeze the juice from the orange on top of the salmon. Put scallions and a dash of salt and pepper on top of the fish. Bake fish for about 20 minutes or until no longer pink in the center and it flakes away with a fork.


2.  Rinse the bok choy and cut the ends off. Heat the wok until a splash of water immediately burns off when added to the pan. Add oil, bok choy, garlic, and chili paste to the wok and stir while cooking for about 2 minutes. The bok choy should turn a rich green color when it is done but should still be crispy.






Serve the fish and bok choy immediately. Rice would be a nice complement (if you didn't eat bacon pasta for brunch like me!).

No comments:

Post a Comment