If zucchini and eggplant had a bastard son, it would likely taste like this dip.
1 medium zucchini
2 Chinese eggplants (the small thin, long, purple ones)
1 head of garlic (or ~15 cloves)
extra virgin olive oil
1/4 t fresh grated sea salt
1/4 t cumin
2 T lemon juice
3 T tahini
2 chipotle peppers in adobo + 2 t adobo
dash freshly grated black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut zucchini and eggplant into thin slices. In a metal pan, lay slices of veggies out flat and spash with olive oil and stir (not too much but enough to have a thin coating). Place entire garlic head (skins on) in the pan and splash with olive oil. Rub with hands to make sure it is coated.
3. Bake for 30 minutes or until very tender. Let cool on a plate and then peel garlic skins off.
4. In a food processor, pulse the zucchini, eggplant, garlic, sea salt, cumin, lemon juice, and tahini.
5. Mince chipotle peppers. Add peppers, adobo, and a dash of black pepper to the food processor and pulse again until well combined. Adjust seasoning if necessary.