Blog Travels to Sonia's Part Deux
2 Filets of Sea Bass
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 c cilantro, chopped
dash sea salt
dash crushed red pepper flakes
3/4 pound baby red potatoes
1 T fresh dill, chopped
2 dollops sour cream
1 lime, cut in half
1. Preheat oven to broil. Bring a pot, filled half-way with water, to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, In a baking dish, (large enough for the filets) mix olive oil, cilantro and a pinch of salt.
3. Rinse fish in cold water and place in the baking dish. Coat it in the herb mixture. Add a dash more of salt and also a dash of crushed red pepper flakes.
4. When the oven is preheated, place the fish in the oven. Broil for 10 minutes and then squeeze lime juice on top.** Continue to broil for at least 5 more minutes or until the fish flakes away with a fork.
5. While the fish is baking, wash the potatoes and add them to the boiling water. Boil until tender (about 7-8 minutes). Drain the water (and return to the pot with the lid on if the fish is not done cooking).
6. Serve the fish, next to the potatoes, with a dollop of sour cream, and a sprinkling of dill.
**Note: Since the oven baking times will vary, if your oven broils things fast, you may want to check the fish around 8 minutes and if it is almost done, then add the lime. In the end the fish should be flakey in the center and crispy on the outside.