This recipe is adapted from Martha Stewart's Great Food Fast. I recommend buying her book if you are interested in making cooking a little more simple. I have a tendency to over-complicate dishes so I enjoy cooking the recipes in this cookbook.
This soup is very flavorful and healthy. I think it would work well for a picnic food as well.
splash of extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 T + 1/2 t curry powder
freshly grated sea salt, to taste
4 cups water
freshly chopped chives and pistachios (for garnish)
1. In a food processor, slice onions and garlic (or by hand). In a large soup pot, saute them in a splash of olive oil.
2. Meanwhile, slice the zucchini, carrots, and potato in the food processor (or by hand).
3. Add the curry powder to the onions/garlic until they are coated.
4. Add the veggies and water to the pot. Bring to a boil. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until they are tender.
5. Blend the cooked soup in a blender in about three batches. When the entire soup is pureed, mix the batches together and add sea salt to taste.
6. Serve warm or cold. Garnish with freshly chopped chives and crushed pistachios.
It is even a good food for the late night crew.....