Saturday, August 21, 2010

The blog's 3rd Trip! Olive-spice-stuffed Halibut in a spinach tomato sauce

 
 Sooo, the blog took its' 3rd trip recently, to my girl Emma's. She helped me survive OT school so its nice to get together these days and talk about things other than school!


There are a few very fun things about visiting Lady Spitzer's apartment...first...her super fun salt and pepper shakers....
But then the most AMAZING part by far is her EXTRA LARGE CAT!
I think it is fair in this case for the use of the capital letters to describe Seth. Now, I am not a cat person. But this cat just had to be blogged about. In fact, I didn't believe all the seth-hype about how HUGE he is. But seriously, I have never seen a cat this big. In fact, I am not even convinced he is a cat. I think she might have just dressed a dog in cat's clothes. See for yourself...
He liked dinner too!

So this entry is the first that is inspired from the Jamie Oliver Cookbook, Happy Days with the Naked Chef, that my friend Ashley let me borrow. So far I am impressed by the pictures, creativity, and lack of pristine measurement. My kind of chef, not measuring things! I didn't follow the recipe exactly, go figure! So here goes the adapted version...

Serves 2.
Ingredients:
extra virgin olive oil
1 clove of garlic, sliced
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1 14 oz can fire roasted organic red diced tomatoes
2 oz kalamata olives, diced
2 T fresh basil chopped
2 thin filets of halibut
freshly grated sea salt and ground black pepper
2 fresh rosemary sprigs, chopped
1/2 bag of spinach

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a frying pan, saute the garlic in a splash of olive oil until it starts to brown. Add the wine. Reduce for a minute. Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Continue to simmer until reduced.
3. Meanwhile, rinse and pat dry the fish. Then place the chopped rosemary, basil, and olives, evenly over the fish. Roll the fish up and close it with the remaining rosemary branch. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. In a pyrex (or other glass baking dish), spoon 3/4 sauce into the pan. Place the fish on top. Bake for about 15 minutes.
5. While the fish is baking, place the spinach in the remainder of the sauce and wilt it.
6. When the fish is done serve the sauce in the fish pan over the fish with the spinach-tomato sauce.

I served mine with roasted rosemary potatoes. Follow the same recipe as all my other potato sides, just add a few teaspoons of rosemary when sauteing.

No comments:

Post a Comment