WW = 10 points per serving (with rice)
For the Stir Fry:
1 cup Lundberg whole grain red rice
1 head of bok choy (I used 1 2/3 lbs), stems and leaves separated, coarsely chopped
12 oz seitan, rinsed and ripped into small pieces
2 t organic tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
1 t sesame oil
~ 1/2 c cilantro, coarsely chopped
1 t peanut oil
For the Dressing*:
zest of 1 lemon
1-inch ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 T honey
3/4 t cayenne
3/4 t sea salt
1 T fresh lemon juice
1/4 brown rice vinegar
1/3 c tamari
2 T extra virgin olive oil
2 T sesame oil
*This makes a cup of dressing but you only need about half for the recipe. I plan to use the leftovers for salad, nori veggie wraps, or other stir fry this week. You might want to half the dressing or if you change up the veggies you might want to keep it and add more as you see fit.
1. Cook rice according to package instructions.
2. While rice is cooking prepare bok choy and seitan.
3. Toss tamari and sesame oil with seitan. Allow to marinate for an hour. (You can choose to marinate for less time, 15 minutes would probably do).
4. In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the dressing until smooth.
5. Heat wok until hot. Place one t peanut oil in wok. When the oil is hot add the bok choy stems and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add leaves and stir-fry until just wilted. Remove from heat and set aside.
7. Add bok choy, cilantro, and 1/2 cup sauce to seitan in the wok. Mix until combined and just hot. Serve immediately over rice.