These are not your typical pancakes. I really wanted to make pancakes this morning but had none of the normal ingredients to do so. So I used a recipe from Marc Bittman's How to Cook Everything, and substituted, well...basically everything. They turned out to be yummy.
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c greek yogurt
2 eggs, separated
1/2 c whole wheat flour
dash sea salt
1 1/2 t raw cane sugar
1/4 t baking soda
1/2 c frozen blueberries
1. Combine egg yolks, sour cream, and yogurt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl mix flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda.
3. Heat blueberries in micro for 40 seconds until just thawed.
4. Whip egg whites with a hand mixer (or whisk) until stiff.
5. Mix dry ingredients in with egg yolk mixture. The batter will be very thick. Then add a generous splash of water and stir. Keep adding small splashes of water until the batter is more runny and smooth.
6. Fold in the egg whites until just combined. Do not overstir.
7. Melt butter in a large frying pan. Pour the batter into the pan forming several small cakes. Drop a few blueberries into each pancake. Cook flipping once until each side is golden.