Ingredients:1/2 cup dried cherries
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/4 c hot water
extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 cups of rhubarb, cut into tiny pieces
3 T cane sugar
freshly grated sea salt and black pepper
3 - 6 oz pork chops
1 T butter
1 lb sugar snap peas, rinsed with the ends snipped off
1/2 c mint, chopped
For the Rhubarb-Cherry Sauce...
2. Meanwhile, cook the onion in a splash of olive oil in a medium- sized rice pot. When the onions are translucent, add the cherry mixture, rhubarb, and sugar. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes or until the rhubarb is soft. Add a dash of nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Cover and remove from heat.
For the Pork chops...
2. In a large grill-frying pan, heat a splash of olive oil on medium-high. Add the pork chops, browning on both sides. Then return heat to medium and continue to cook until the pork is no longer pink in the center.
(Note: Since my pork chops were from Fresh Direct, they were super thick. I wound up placing a cover on them after they were brown so I could accelerate the cooking process.)
3. Serve with Sauce.
For the Sugar Snap Peas...
1. In a frying pan, boil the butter and 1 cup of water.
2. Add the peas, cover, and cook for 2 minutes or until the peas turn bright green.
3. Remove the lid and continue to cook over medium until the water is gone (this just takes a few minutes).
4. Remove from heat and stir in the mint, with a dash of sea salt and pepper.
I made potatoes to go with this as well....but I am not going to post how I did it because I already blogged about how to make potatoes as a side.