Ingredients:1/2 onion (red or white), chopped
teaspoon extra virgin olive oil + 1/8 cup
1 14 oz can refried beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 t sea salt
3/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
1 14 oz can crushed/diced tomatoes
zest of 1/2 lemon
2 - 4 Eggs (depending on the hunger factor)
cilantro (optional for garnish)
(refried beans = NOT the most appetizing of pictures! ha but it sure tasted good)
1. In a small frying pan (or pot) saute the onion in a teaspoon of the olive oil. When translucent add the beans. Saute until warm and keep on low heat, stirring occasionally.
2. In another frying pan, heat 1/8 cup olive oil, garlic, sea salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir until the garlic starts to sizzle. Then immediately add the can tomatoes. Simmer until reduced and thick (this will only take a few minutes). Stir in lemon zest. Cover and remove sauce from the heat.
3. Cook the eggs in a third frying pan (I like to serve them sunny side up because I think it goes well with the sauce).
4. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas. If you have a gas stove you can literally just place the tortillas right on the open flame flipping them over every few seconds and being careful not to burn yourself!
5. Serve everything immediately. And voila, the perfect hangover cure...or breakfast recipe for lying on the couch immediately. yum.
oh and definitely serve it with fresh squeezed organic oj!