Ingredients:Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3/4 Large Purple Onion
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 Yellow and 1 Red Roasted Pepper (I bought a jar of them mixed)
3 cups tomatoes, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 T parsley, finely chopped
2 T cilantro, finely chopped
1 lb shrimp, fully cleaned and cooked
freshly ground sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
1. In the food processor chop onion. Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Saute all but 2 T of the onion over medium heat in the pan until it begins to brown.
2. In a blender, blend the can of diced tomatoes until it is smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
3. Peel cucumber. Dice half of it and set aside. Cut the other half into large chunks and add to the onions in the food processor. Do the same with the red and yellow roasted peppers, adding the diced peppers to the diced cucumber, and the large chunks of pepper to the food processor.
Add the chopped tomatoes and cloves of garlic to the food processor. Pulse all ingredients together until smooth (onions, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes and garlic).
4. Mix the vegetable mixture from the food processor with the pureed tomatoes in the bowl. Add the cooked onion, and diced cucumber, pepper, parsley and cilantro. Stir until well mixed.
5. Season with salt and pepper and one t olive oil. Add more cilantro or parsley if desired.
6. Serve topped with shrimp.