Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Cold Cucumber Avocado Soup

As I mentioned in a previous post, I made this soup as an appetizer on a hot summer night. It is refreshing and super fast to make! I know that I have blogged about a few other cucumber soups. What can I say it's hot and nasty out there! This one is by far the creamiest. I adapted it from a Cook's Illustrated Recipe (you may need a membership to view original). Their recipe called for much bigger portions. I also tried to make the process easier and lighten it up a bit for the good ol ww.

Serves 5 (1 cup servings)
ww = 3 points per serving (since this was an appetizer I actually served less of the soup than 1 cup)

Ingredients:
2 Cucumbers
water, splash
1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
2 scallions, coarsely chopped
2 T fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
3/4 T lime juice, freshly squeezed
1 avocado, pit removed, cut into quarters
1/8 t turbinado
1/2 t sea salt
dash black pepper

Directions:
1. Peel cucumbers, slice in half, scrape seeds out with a spoon, and then cut into large chunks.
2. Place cucumbers in a blender with a splash of water (just enough to get blender moving). Puree.
3. Add yogurt, scallions, cilantro, lime juice, avocado, turbinado, sea salt and pepper. Blend again until pureed. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment